Wednesday 24 December 2014

DIY - Santa Wrapping - Release the Artist within!

Hello!!!!

I know it is a bit late perhaps to write this post - however if you are still looking for some ideas to wrap your presents.
I love crafts and painting and I do believe that adding a personal touch to your wrapping makes them even more special!

Here is a finished one -


WHAT DO YOU NEED?

- Kraft Paper
- Tape
- A pencil
- Acrylic Paint - (or Watercolor)
- Black Sharpie (thin and regular size)
- Images for guidelines (I found mine on Pinterest - So many ideas!)

So here we GO!
Wrap your present with the Kraft paper. Pick out the design you want to place on the present! again Pinterest is a great place to find ideas.
Trace out your image on the paper - Don't be concerned if the sketch isn't perfect I promise it will look great in the end. All you need is an outline for you to start painting

- Here is my outline - 

After the outline is done pick your acrylic paint start painting in your outlines, I water mine down a bit so it doesn't go on to thick.  If you water down the paint it also does not leave a sharp line, This makes it easier in case you miss the outline that you did - So again if you are off a bit DONT WORRY! You can also use water colors but if you are trying to not spend a lot of money stick to acrylics - you can find decent acrylics at walmart for a great price!

Here is the painted outlines! doesn't look all that great

Here is a close up of the paint - Not a perfect job I went over some lines and under for others

 After the paint dries, go through the whole painting with a sharpie, I would use the thicker sharpie for the outside layers and leave the thin sharpie for the details ( eyes, nose, hears) 

Here is the finished product!

Here are a couple of before and Afters so you can see some ideas as well -
Painting and pencil outline
Paint and Sharpie Outline
   

  A favorite of mine!

 Close up of the before and after from Painting to the Sharpie out line - a Basic painting can change with highlighting the details of the image

For the Minnie and Mickey image here is the paint I used and the sharpie, as well for the colors I also used white and red - Totally forgot to place them for the image lol 

Here is another quick note for these wrappings - Use sharpie to add any names, quotes or wishes - and to give them an extra touch add little dots at the end of each line changes the style of the handwriting completely 

Talking about details, I added some more lines to try and simulate movement and it adds more to the image - not quite sure if you can see it but just a thought if you decide to do these ..

So here are some of the paintings that I did - I might update this post after Christmas with all of the rest of the images. But as for this post, if you decide to do these you can go as complex or simple as you like - at the end of the day they will still look awesome!
 



In case I don't finish all of my other post's that i am hoping to finish for today then I wish you all a Wonderful Christmas / Holiday - for you, family and friends . .. 

Love, V

Peaches & Apricots


No comments:

Post a Comment