Wednesday 24 December 2014

Top 10 Favorites!

Ok so first, I realize many blogs post about their favorite recommendation of products they have but I think the more the better! there is always going to be products that someone else is using that you had NO idea it would work miracles on you! In saying that not everyone is the same so what works for you may not work for me and vice versa. We have to remember skin and hair types are not the same
so for most of the face products are for mixed to oily skin. Although I have many other products on this list that are not for the face! I may post more favorites later on since these are not my only favorites but for sure the top ones.


1. Fresh - Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

I really enjoy this oil. I use it in the evenings after I have washed and exfoliated my skin. Since my skin is mixed/oily I am prone to acne and I found that if I use the Fresh oil without exfoliating I break out. So I would suggest using a mild exfoliator to remove any impurities (left over makeup, dust and dead skin) to allow you face to absorb the nutrients and ingredients of this oil.

Main ingredients are:
 Omega 3,6,7 and 9: that help your skins elasticity, it softens as well as it soothes your face. Perfect for relaxing before your beauty sleep
- Seaberry Oil
-Cranberry Seed Oil: a great antioxidant for your skin

I recommend using it at night during the summer and you can use it at night and during the day in winter since skin tends to dry out in the cold weather. Use 2-3 drops on your finger tips and spread on your face and tap, let it absorb (if mixed with moisturizer for the day apply 2 drops and let it set in and apply your makeup) This oil paired with some moisturizer in the winter has become my new best friend!

you can find it online, I purchased mine at Sephora


Photography: Vintage Blossoms Photography

2. Saje - Tantra Sensuos Mist

So I got my first care package of Saje from one of my friends for my bridal shower and I am hooked!
This is one of my favorite products that they have. It was part of the package my friend got me and I have since bought more! I use this before bed or during the day - if I am agitated and need to center back again I use it as well. Two words to describe it Relaxing and Soothing. I pair this one with the Seaberry Oil we just talked about. Spray a bit in the air and walk through the mist, breath and relax. Or you could spray it directly on your face just keep your mouth and eyes closed!

Ingredients:
Lavender: used for relaxation and in aid of stress and anxiety  
Sandalwood: relaxes and aids with sleep
Vanilla Infusion: stress relief
Rosewood: antiseptic, anti depressant and aphrodisiac .. - oh la la  -
Green Mandarin: helps with anxiety and stress tension 
Patchouli: helps with Stress and fatigue - Patchouli is also good for hair and eczema
Purified Water - I think this one speaks for itself

So as you can see this is pretty much stress relief in a bottle! Also for all you yogi's out there spraying a bit on the matt and on yourself before a session is awesome! many of the ingredients are also antiseptic and disinfectant so it serves as a cleanser and deodorizer for your matt
Saje also carries many different products that we will review in the upcoming posts but if you cant wait that long stop by there page ---> Saje  and check out all of their goodies!


Photography: Vintage Blossoms Photography

3. Ciaté - Speed coat pro

Ok so as an inside note I would like to go out in the open and say I have addictions.. many of them and believe me we will touch on them (not in one post though) and perhaps we might share some of them.. But as for my first: Nail polish. I love getting my nails done! any color so many different designs to pick from.
I will set time to do them and I will do fancy drawings/designs on them and after I have spent x amount of hours on them and I believe they are dry - they smudge (!#$$%&)  All that time trying to fix your nails for them to crap out. 
Yep I had many of those, but then I found Ciaté's  Speed Coat Pro and it is AWESOME! it dries out the nail polish (not extremely fast) but fast enough that it does not get damaged! and it helps preventing color from pealing off 
Their nail accessories are really cute to and love their nail polish colors too. Check out their page to view and select out of their many colors! -- > Ciaté
And for a closer store you can also check out Sephora.


Photography: Vintage Blossoms Photography

4. Bliss Kiss - Pure Nail Oil
 
Talk about addicting! I LOVE this! once I am done painting my nails this goes on and I usually try to use it once or twice a day and it works wonders for my cuticles. I splurge a bit more and end up using on my hands and they are not dry anymore!
Ingredients:

- Jojoba Wax ester
- Grape Seed Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Vitamin A Oil
- Essential Oil Blend


Check out their page and read on some reviews and a couple of more details regarding this product.
Pure Nail Oil and check out more products that they have!


Photography: Vintage Blossoms Photography

5. Thayers - Rose Petal

Toner - it does wonders for your face and balances your PH levels and soothes your skin. However not every toner works for all types of skin and that is based on their ingredients. I personally break out with some of them and as far as face products go I love Clinique out of all products it works wonders on my skin - However I have tried all their Toners and they dry out my skin quite a bit.
My sister got me hooked with the Thayers Rose Petal and Witch Hazel Toner and it also has Aloe Vera

It is Alcohol and paraben free. The Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera are wonderful to help with Acne and they are also  antibacterial
I have heard references regarding that the taste of it is horrible and that if it gets in your eyes it stings like crazy - but here is the thing, Don't ingest it and Don't get it in the eyes
You could also do home made rose water - ( we will do this later on)


Photography: Vintage Blossoms Photography

6. EradiKate - KAte Somerville

If you have issues with Acne and have tried every kind of cream and treatment for acne - Check this one out!! it smells quite a bit strong specially when applying it close to the nose
I don't usually get a lot of acne, but when I do get acne they tend to be MASSIVE - and I know I am not the only one! Wondering around Sephora I found this beauty ... and I am amazed on how great it works.

To Use:
  • Do not Shake! you should be able to see the liquid inside almost like you would Oil and Water.
  • Wash your face and prep with your night routine. Avoid putting any creams or toner on the affected area
  • Dip a Q'tip in the jar 
  • Dab the Q'tip on the acne and let dry
  • Leave over night
  • Wash your face in the morning and proceed with your morning routine!
Note: you can apply this twice a day (morning and night) I usually only apply it at night
it clears your acne without having to pick at your face and damage your skin!


Photography: Vintage Blossoms Photography
7. Oil of Marocco - Marc Anthony

I love soft healthy hair - problem is how many times I have dyed my hair and every so often it looks like one of those metal scrubs you use for the kitchen.. Yup!
I first ran into this I was getting a bit tired of spending money on tons of different hair products and decided to try the Oil of Marocco, and I LOVE it! it feels a bit greasy when you start applying it but it definitely does the Trick!

I only apply 2-3 drops on my ends (after I shower) since my roots are pretty healthy and tend to get greasy if i apply ANY kind of product. After this I style it as usual.

if you are looking for a low budget hair repair product  - try this one out!, you can get it at any grocery store.


Photography: Vintage Blossoms Photography
8. Lip Glow - Dior

Yes, this is a bit on the $$ side but it is one of my to go to lip glosses.  It is absolutely smooth and I love how it plumps up the lips! You might feel a little bit of  a tingle on the lips but nothing to crazy

Note: the color of this lipgloss changes from person to person - It brightens up the natural color of your lips so it depends on the color of your lips.
Add this on top of colored lipstick and Purfection!!
Perfect for some New Year Lips! Sephora and Shoppers carry this Lip Balm


Photography: Vintage Blossoms Photography

9. Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm

The first thing that got me hooked on this was the smell - weird I know. At my Bridal shower a friend was using this and I was extremely curious about this mint smelling lip gloss.
I know I say this lots but I LOVE THIS! I have extremely chapped lips and once I started using the lip balm and it makes a huge difference!

Some comments that I have heard -
for some it smells like talc and it is uncomfortable and sticky to get out of the container. 

To me - I smell more of the mint than anything else and there is some mild rose scent to is as well.
as for the container issue, I place it on directly on my lips from the container without using my fingers!


Photography: Vintage Blossoms Photography

10. The Fab Pore - Facial Peel

Ok, so personally ALL of Fab products are great! I have several of them and they work awesome! So far I have found these at Shoppers, a bit on the pricey side so perhaps try using one of their products and check out how they work for you.
So there are definitely a lot of mixed reviews for this product and they are ALL valid, some people don't notice the difference and there are others that love it. I am in the love group.

I have mixed skin so it is at times difficult to find at times something that works. On the container it says facial peel, however it is more of an exfoliator. I think the one downfall for me is on the cheek side it makes them feel a bit stretchy afterwards. I apply a moisturizer and then it feels awesome. Due to this I have started using it on my forehead and chin and no more tense feeling on the cheeks!

Another thing to consider is you need to have a couple of applications before noticing changes on your skin - I recommend using this once a week for mixed skin users.


Photography: Vintage Blossoms Photography
11. Dark Angels by Lush

Another Face scrub I love - I use this scrub 1 - 2 times a week. I have mixed skin so it tends to go super oily and dry all at the same time! but it is also extremely sensitive so using this everyday for me is not an option. This is used as a scrub but I also leave it on as a mask. After, I use the Rose Toner and love the way my face feels!! There are definitely many more products from lush that I love but this one is perhaps my absolute favorite!!

With all this Christmas partying and makeup give your face a little lift with this! 


Photography: Vintage Blossoms Photography


A bit of a long post! however - Here are my TOP 10. There are definitely more since I am a bit of a hair/makeup/clothes Junkie but these are high up there. 

Enjoy and if you use these and have other notes LET ME KNOW! And also let us know about your Favorite 10!

Love, V

Peaches & Apricots

No comments:

Post a Comment