Thursday 5 June 2014

Dare To be Different

So when I originally proposed to Emily to go around town and take some photos it was for a completely different shoot that I have been planning for a while now. The day we were headed out before I did her makeup I said to myself " I have been waiting for the perfect moment to start taking the photos for the blog and I keep postponing it for one thing or another, and said why not today"

So then I started taking shirts and leggings out and for the leggings below she looked at them when I was handing them out and said "oh.. mhn I don't think that's going to fit"
I chuckle, because part of it I think its because they look small when you are holding them so she definitely thought they wouldn't fit. But also because I know they are two patterns that she would just not wear! lol - but I asked, and she did
 - Thank you Emily.

Funny enough after seeing the photos and even some comments from that day she noted that she really liked the combinations and that she loved the photos. I personally think she rocked the outfits!

So a little bit about the outfits now:

The first one has a lace blouse from Hot Gossip - Peter Pond mall, I love the lace details in the front and it is has an opening on the back as well - Simply Stunning!

And underneath she is wearing a Crop Top from Drop Dead Darlings (I mentioned before I was going to be including this top in several combinations)

The Fabulous Leggings are from JK Apparel Fort McMurray - Extremely soft and comfortable leggings, you definitely need to check this shop in town!

Finally Shoes - these black spiked booties are from Town Shoes. Shoes in the shop tend to be a bit more pricey but I love the quality and different looks that they have  - if you want that one of a kind item to enhance/complete your look - this is your store! **** when shopping here make sure you have a couple of looks in mind - from your closet! - that you can wear the shoe your going to buy - if you buy them, USE THEM! no point in buying a pair of heels that you will only wear once.


In this picture you are able to see some of the lace detail on the shirt.. love it!

Now to the next outfit!

I ABSOUTELY LOVE THESE LEGGINGS! that's all I have to say!
JK -
So I own a lot of leggings - A LOT! and I think these are my favorite so far. I am not going to lie, sometimes as Emily was for this shot I am scared of wearing them ... lol Love them tho! and I truly believe its because I am in my own way scared of being different.. and letting people see that - Not just with my clothes but with my personality as well..

Anywho, as part of doing this blog is having different women, and myself give advices regarding different aspects and mine today is Be Different! And embrace the fact of being different. so next time you see a women strutting around the leggings below that will be me being different - being me

**Back  to the clothes**
The Crop Top that we have seen a couple of times in this blog now is from Drop Dead Darlings

The Leggings are from JK Apparel Fort McMurray

The Fabulous blue shoes are suede again ( I love suede shoes!!) are from Aldo - we also paired Emily in some nude high heels - Unfortunately in the photos we took you cant see them from all the grass but in case you don't have the bright colored heel you can also pair these funky leggings or any other with classic nude heels if you want to doll it up.





SO SOME QUICK NOTES:

- Buy a pair of shoes that you are able to match with more than one outfit! before going to that till ask yourself " will I be wearing this more than once?"
- If you are buying suede shoes - Please spray them - I think you should with any shoe but particularly the suede ones!!!! If it rains or if there is snow and you are wearing that nice pair of shoe its only going to damage them faster! you want to make sure to take care of them!! and even if it is a non expensive shoe... SPRAY THEM!
- While wearing bright and different patterns make sure to match it up with something neutral (busy at the top/ neutrals at the bottom and vice versa) you can also pair these with bright shoes - just make sure that the color you are choosing is within the pattern that you are wearing!!
 - add some color add something different to your outfit - Dare to be different and embrace it!!! <3

Model: 
Emily M

Photography: 
Vintage Blossoms Photography

thanks for stopping by
           -V-
Peaches&Apricots


No comments:

Post a Comment